Thursday, February 28, 2013

The books have begun.

Over the last two days I finally started thinking spatially. I decided 4x3 feet would be a really good size for my full sized posters. That size boils down to 6 4x6 accordions that will be the series.

I folded an accordion to scale and with paper I'm fairly certain will be the thickness of the poster paper... I did this to determine the thickness of the text blocks I need to make so that they match.

This text block you see here is experimentation for my book 'I___' I would like to use thicker pages and maybe sections of three folios instead of four and only three sections instead of four...

I obviously need to practice laying the type straight and I'd also like to improve the work by adding a loose grid to the pages.... And printing the transfers with wax paper in between to prevent the transfers from rubbing in the opposite pages once closed. :D







No comments:

Post a Comment