Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Better logos and better color names.




I'm in favor of the large 'ONE' with the handwritten script under it, or the large 'ONE' with the sanserif under it.

I changed the names of several colors to be less generic. What I had was just a starting point of whatever came to my mind first. I thought more about it the second time around and read through The Portable Thoreau (which I've been reading since the beginning as something literature related to have in my ear) for inspiration. I also took out the 'mauve'-ish color and replaced it with the 'sunrise' yellow. Everything feels balanced now, 3 warm, 3 cool, 3 neutral.


I also ordered an 8 x 8 swatch with the 9 colors I've chosen for my color line from Spoonflower which should be here in about 10-14 days. Layouts for swatch books/catalogues coming next.

No comments:

Post a Comment