Monday, February 25, 2013

more experimenting


I finally got youtube to work! I put up little clips of what I've been doing (what you saw last class, and what I've done since). The account is rwallacethesis and will hopefully be changed once I come up with a title for my project.

I've continued experimenting with my videos and projecting them onto different surfaces. I want to do as little editing on screen as possible and instead play with how they're projected. For now, I'm not paying any attention to sound and focusing solely on the videos/images.

I've been working on how to put into words what I'm trying to do to better explain myself. Here's what I've come up with:

Taking routine situations/events that everyone experiences and abstractly depicting them with a medium relating to my specific experience. A commentary on the fact that people tend to drift through routine situations/events without paying close attention to everything around them, and my attempt at forcing myself to stop doing that and analyze the routine things. The medium I choose for each video will be what stuck out to me in the moment or what I spent the most time noticing.

...still not sure if that makes much sense, and I'm still working on trying to get the words out of my head... so many more updates will come...

No comments:

Post a Comment