Wednesday, February 6, 2013

a possible break through...?

After a lot of researching I might of finally found a good direction to go in (hopefully!)
I spent a full day researching different things that kept leading me to new things. I started with father-daughter relationships, then father-son relationships, then just relationships, then stepped back and re-looked at everything I'd been reading and started researching living in the moment because it was a common thread among everything. After I got through all the inspiring websites on how to live in the moment I had a break through! One of the sites said:

No matter what you're doing, notice the moments that surround you. Maybe on your way to work or school, you go over a beautiful bridge, or you get a view of the sunrise behind the city buildings. When you walk down the street, look at the way the light reflects off the buildings, the tree line, and the birds that manage to nest in random corners and cracks. The simple act of tilting your chin can give you a whole new perspective on the place you live.

I was inspired by the thought of looking where you usually don't to find things and trying not to miss everything when you're out and about. So step one: I bought video glasses that I'm going to wear when I go out and then re-watch my days and look for what I missed. It's more of an exercise for myself then an actual piece for my show, but it could turn into something. Step two: the actual work I plan on doing is taking my photographs of random places that most people ignore and tracing the lines/shapes. But, while I'm tracing the lines and shapes I'm going to make decisions on what to leave out or if anything needs to be added. And then I want to use wire to recreate the simplified drawings in a 3D form. Since the project is turning into me trying to live in the moment and sharing what I discover I kind of want the photographs to be represented in a way that people wont be able to connect the final product to a photograph without some help.
 












No comments:

Post a Comment