Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Over the weekend I spent time thinking and testing out the new glasses. I shot videos almost everywhere I went then watched the videos each night. I decided that I want to focus on (what I consider to be) routine situations such as going to the grocery store, driving, etc. I'll narrow it down to a few specific things once I get more footage. I want to focus on routine situations because even though they're pretty straight forward video and most people have experienced each situation for themselves, it's a personal experience and different for everyone when they're actually there. I want to distort the videos in some way to depict how I felt or what I was thinking during each situation so that the video becomes a personal reflection on an action I did. I also want to play with the sound and mash up sounds together/put the wrong audio with a video/etc. to make it even more personal and harder to figure out what is even happening.
I experimented distorting the video (ignoring the sound aspect) by taking stills that caught my eye and zooming in then doing line drawings of them and projecting the video through them. I also projected the videos onto water with a faucet on so that the water was rippling through the video. I want to experiment a lot more. 
I made a few accounts on video hosting sites...but that didn't work out. I left that as the last thing to do (yesterday afternoon) and somehow spent most of the day trying to figure it out. At first, all websites would only let me upload one video because of the size. So I exported them in smaller sizes and only short clips just to get the main idea across and youtube let one upload and then gave me a message that said "The server has rejected the file. Please follow these steps and upload the file again." but the steps didn't help and I kept getting the same message after waiting 30-50 minutes for it to go through the act of uploading and at the last second tell me no. So I need to spend time figuring that out too.

No comments:

Post a Comment