Monday, February 25, 2013

Synth controlling video

I'm starting to understand Max a bit better, having spent a few hours looking at how the Wiimote patch and this synthesizer patch are constructed. I spent a while trying to get the output values from the synthesizer to control certain inputs in a video patch, and I'm getting the results I want. The most difficult thing moving forward is going to be figuring out how to map individual keys to specific video clips. I took some time to understand how the Wiimote patch works and should be able to connect it to video in the same way as I did with the keyboard. I was having second thoughts about using the Wiimote last week, but the more I look into it the more I want to have it be a part of my project. I almost feel the opposite now - I may not bother with the keyboard and just stick to the Wiimote, adding the third dimension of movement/gesture to the connection I'm trying to make.


No comments:

Post a Comment