Wednesday, March 27, 2013

*updated

I spent some time researching sociology since everything I've done so far has had something to do with that... and while still focusing on habits I started thinking about how sociology, psychology and graphic design are all related because sociology is study of how humans interact with their environment, psychology is the study of the human mind and understanding why/how it works, and graphic design helps create things that appeal to the senses and sometimes uses psychology and sociology to produce better pieces.
I made a new piece reflecting on my habit of wanting to use my right hand... it's an image of my bones/muscles/tendons with numbers of how many times I wanted to use each section of my hand/wrist. 
I printed it on acetate because the image comes out better like that... and then accidentally also printed my other abstracted graphs on acetate and layered them... and focusing on psychology I made some ink blots and then turned one into an inkblot made out of words with words that I found in a list of the top 10 most common emotions.









I'm also thinking of maybe looking at the idea of somewhat specific habits that most people share. Starting with the habit of people categorizing. Generally, everything we come in contact has to be 
categorized ..even if it's as basic as safety or danger. I started playing around a little with photographs I have to try to find a gray area where people encounter something they can't define and therefore it becomes an uneasy experience because their usual cue for the habit is something that doesn't have a normal routine or reward because it's difficult to define.
I didn't have time to shoot new photos so i made some very rough sketches and I plan on taking photos asap













No comments:

Post a Comment