Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Repeating. And Second Guessing.





Working with color, line weight and outine vs. solid shapes here. Although I feel like I can't get caught up in this yet, it was good to explore for now. After this I'm going to focus more on just cleaning up the patterns I've designed and repeating them ---- and then decide on color/line weight/solid vs outline. I also think I can't overwhelm myself with the possibilities of all the combinations of how to present the patterns (color combinations, line weights etc). As far as producing yards of textiles in final production it will be a sample of color combinations and line weights a consumer may choose. The catalogue be the place I will present the different variations of the patterns (outline vs. solid), and then color selection will come from the color chart. That's how I see it panning out in my head, and how I want to structure this line.








And about the logo I've been working on "One Afternoon"... in Design Stories we are studying where typography began and really made me think about doing something like the 'clean' typography that Bodoni did before the 19th century when things got commercial, flashy and complicated... Is the handwritten idea overdone? Or is it okay and comfortable with what I'm designing/doing? I know it relates well, but should I do something contrasting in the opposite direction? Opinions? I may reject this whole idea in a few days when I see it and mull it over, but I couldn't ignore the idea and had to try it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment